.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I want to fly away

this is my little corner of that huge technological innovation they call the internet, if you take a moment to pass the time and see, maybe you'll get to know me better, if you know me at all. <><

My Photo
Name:
Location: I'm lost in the, United Kingdom

Never Perfect. But Perfectly Forgiven.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Uni-ness

Well, higher education isn't all its cracked up to be. well, at least not for me. Shall i start at the beginning of my saga?
Are you sitting comfortably?
Then I'll begin......

Sunday, first day. got there about half twoish, and the first thing i did, sign three HUGE cheques for my room, i've never written away that much money, ever! and the worse part is, its not even my money. well now, after alot of faff lets see what all that money paid for...ground floor, ok well, at least there's no stairs to lug my belongings up. and i think thats where the positives stop. the room is awful, they've been doing the rest of them up, but apparently mine's the only floor that hasn't been done. oh, good news, new kitchen, oh bad news, its not ready yet, so for the remainder of the week i've had no kitchen, living off cheese spread sandwiches that i made in my room. Oh yea, more good news, my pc decided that it wanted to break, irreperably, on the day i got here. And to top it off, during this intercession, between cheque signing, and not the eveing "friend making" meal most people are getting the chance to talk to their neighbours, well, on my left, is an empty room, on my right, a store cupboard. Wow, i had some interesting conversations that day. After that was the meal, nobody spoke to me, they were all to busy talking to eachother and the new friends they had made, i tried a friendly "hello" but to no avail, apparently i was interupting a very private conversation.
Oooh, later, first night at the bar maybe make some new frinds there, maybe not. Plus all they sell is crappy lager, carlsberg, who wants that ?!?! give be a good ol' pint of hobgoblin any day. so i went back to my hovel.
And so the week progressed thus; some form of mind numbingly boring lecture about something i can't remember, waiting in ques, signing more cheques for amounts of money i can't afford, yada yada yada, YAAAAWN, nights in the bar straining at conversation with people, bed.
Don't get me wrong, there are people i talk to, but nobody i have anyting in common with, its all a bit weird, i guess i'm so used to having such close friends and now its back to square one, but i could never find any friends that would repalce you guys, and i'd never want to try either! but nobody seems to want to know me.
The people on my course are all day students so i'll see them in lectures but thats about it, grrr. oh and DOUBLE grrrrr because there's no cu, (God camp) "lack of interest" apparently how much does that suck, the one chance to meet like-minded people and no, its been repalced by a "multi-faith" meeting, the islamic society and the l.g.b.t. (look it up) society. i don't think so.
Anyway, thats that, so i have a plan, it may not come through, BUT if it does, who wants to come to our band's first major gig, here at college!!!???

3 Comments:

Blogger Mariasha said...

Sucks that you aren't having a great time, stupid evil unfriendly people >:@

I'm sure it will get better in time tho!

Stupid lack of CU as well, but I'm sure there must be some christians there, even if they are hard to find. If not, then convert them all xD
gig sounds good tho, so long as Mr. Goose isn't singing ;p

~hugs~ Hope everything improves.

6:38 pm  
Blogger Robyn said...

if it makes you feel any better i went to union tonight, my friend got elbowed in the head n nearly knocked out n i got elbowed in the cheek, gonna hve nice black eye 2mro, yeah it was kinda manic, was good till then too. Hope it goes k for you tho

12:16 am  
Blogger Mariasha said...

:O, what happened? Sounds evil :(

7:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home