.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I want to fly away

this is my little corner of that huge technological innovation they call the internet, if you take a moment to pass the time and see, maybe you'll get to know me better, if you know me at all. <><

My Photo
Name:
Location: I'm lost in the, United Kingdom

Never Perfect. But Perfectly Forgiven.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm no poet, so why even bother?

I'm sorry I couldn't come to the party. But I did write that song, but I got no music to it now, it ended up being about you guys, maybe i'll post it on here sometime, or maybe I'll just save myself the embarrassment!
I got this just now, its a bit philosophical, and i don't think quite complete, i dunno, but i thought i might share it with you. what do you think?

When does one know love?

If you can look out into the sunset and appreciate its beauty,
If you can sit in the quiet and listen to the birds sing
If you can stand on a mountain, and see them soar overhead,
If you can look out over the sea in awe of its fearsome gentleness,

If you can hold someone and be held by them too,
If you can gaze into their eyes and know that its true
If you can keep your distance when you know that its not,
If you can still give a smile and not get it mixed up,

If you can care for the helpless, if you’re helpless too,
If you can feel all alone, and have no friends but you,
If you can get lost and hurt with every doubt in the world,
If you can hit rock bottom, every threat that you’ve hurled,

If you can be patient, kind, not jealous, nor selfish,
If you can be humble, not proud, gentle, not demanding,
If you can stand the test, if all else fails, (and even if you cant)
If you can admit when you’re wrong and are willing to be made right,

Then you will know love.

For greater Love has no man that this; than he who lays his life down for his friends.
Jesus is your friend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mariasha said...

reminds me of that 'and you will be a man my son' or whatever.

Nice though.

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home