.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I want to fly away

this is my little corner of that huge technological innovation they call the internet, if you take a moment to pass the time and see, maybe you'll get to know me better, if you know me at all. <><

My Photo
Name:
Location: I'm lost in the, United Kingdom

Never Perfect. But Perfectly Forgiven.

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm no good with HTML

Ok, can someone please tell me how to insert some HTML into this blog?! its not so much as getting it in there (i can copy and paste!!) but its where to put it. I tried and all i got was a messed up looking screen, all too big or small or bits missing. I want one of those map thingys that tell you who's reading (yes i know its not very exciting if its all just form one place!!) I've signed up and and they gave me the script to copy but where does it go and under which heading!?!?

Help!

9 Comments:

Blogger Freak said...

Look!!! I've messed it up already!!!

4:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to go into template on the settings tab on blogger.

Scroll down until you find something that has the I power - blogger logo - some text like that - it should be right at the bottom when you've scrolled down. Insert your map below it.

I dunno how you can fix the other stuff.

6:27 pm  
Blogger ʎ said...

go to your template.

go to the bottom of the window of text.

work your way up until you find

"This is a paragraph of text that could go in the sidebar."

inside arrow brackets

a line or two down youll see -->


putting your code below this should work. click on preview to check

7:16 pm  
Blogger Freak said...

thank you! But no other ideas on how to sort out the HUGE gap i managed to create at the top o' the page here?

7:22 pm  
Blogger ʎ said...

as far as i can tell this happens alot on blogs. i dont know the reason.

what did you do to the template to begin with?

(as a tip choose to republish the whole blog after making a change, that way the effect is over the whole blog not just the current page)

9:16 pm  
Blogger Freak said...

ok well. I've given up on the whole map thing. I couldn't find either of the things you said. And as far as i know i didn't do anything to the stuff in the first place to make it go crazy. Oh well. I'll just call it a design feature.

3:50 pm  
Blogger ʎ said...

if you copy and paste the code of your template into notebook and save as a .txt, and c&p the map code into another .txt then attatch them to an email to me ill see what i can do

if you like

10:13 am  
Blogger Freak said...

Thanks for the offer but the map sit won't let me log on anymore so i can't get the text. No worries though, i'll just live with it, until I start a new Blog, this one's getting a bit full right now don't you think??

5:29 pm  
Blogger ʎ said...

(assuming you havent made any other changes) on the template area theres a button along the lines of 'undo all changes'. try poking that

7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home