.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I want to fly away

this is my little corner of that huge technological innovation they call the internet, if you take a moment to pass the time and see, maybe you'll get to know me better, if you know me at all. <><

My Photo
Name:
Location: I'm lost in the, United Kingdom

Never Perfect. But Perfectly Forgiven.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

So what should i have done...?

I was on my way to sound control to buy some strings for my mates bass for him, as i went throught the subway a guy stopped me and asked if i had a moment to help a homeless man. Well he was polite enough and (unfortunately) seemed genuine enough, at least by his attire,lack of personal hygeine and the odour, so i asked what i could do. "oh, well if you could spare 20,30,80 pence for a bag of chips?" Well, the money I had was not mine (for the strings) and the other change i had £1.20 i needed for the bus, so i was left with maybe a quid. But so many times I've been told you shouldn't give money to people on the streets because although you may think you're helping them, they may use the money to fund other things less wholesome than food. So i said i was sorry but i didn't have anything to give him, he just looked a bit downtrodden and apologised for bohering me and walked away. Well, what could i do? If there was anywhere to get food from nearby that i knew of i would have happily gone and brought him something but there wasn't any. How could i have helped him? the bible says tht we should help the poor, Its talked about loads in there. What's worse is that Jesus himself says that "Whatever you do (or don't) for the least of my people, that you do (or don't) unto me" so how could I face Jesus and say, sorry, i didn't give that guy some money so I let you go hungry for another day!? Well, I don't know, its so hard to know what's right, but I feel so bad. I'm sorry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariasha said...

i would have spent my friends money, if he was a true friend then i think he would understand and you could easily pay him back when you return or just make another trip out to buy the strings.

Dunno, maybe im not seeing the entire picture.

6:36 pm  
Blogger Freak said...

I know stu wouldn't have minded if i had have done, but what i was thinking was more that I didn't want to do more harm than good in giving him some money. I would have given him my own money, but i've bee ntold so many times that that would probably not be spent on food, that i was scared of doing the wrong thing and helping him hurt himself all the more. I don't know! well if i meet him again, i'll make sure i have some money and i'll take him with me to buy some food.

1:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home