.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I want to fly away

this is my little corner of that huge technological innovation they call the internet, if you take a moment to pass the time and see, maybe you'll get to know me better, if you know me at all. <><

My Photo
Name:
Location: I'm lost in the, United Kingdom

Never Perfect. But Perfectly Forgiven.

Monday, January 10, 2005

i like this too

well we've had a poem, and a song so how about a story now, i'm probably enfringing, infringing, (what's the difference) on every copyright law available by posting all this stuff without the author's permission, but i guess they wont mind, well i hope they don't, but anyway!!!!!!! here it goes....


One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with Jesus.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to Jesus
When the last scene of his life flashed before him,he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the verylowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Jesus about it:
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way.But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.Jesus replied:
"My son, my precious child,I love you and I would never leave you.During your times of trial and suffering,when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."


4 Comments:

Blogger Steffie said...

dosent laurie have that on a poster in her bedroom? i dont know whether you would know or not but there we go, hehe

10:00 pm  
Blogger Georgina said...

I apologise Matt but that poem is so overrated, i mean theres even jewelrry with it on!!!

4:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey its overrated, but still, i like it. so don't oppress me!!!

4:26 pm  
Blogger Mariasha said...

Mr. Standing read that in yr. 9

I remember him standing there and telling us the story in harvest assembly when we had the mouse bread.

I was thinking about that the other day actually, weird. O.o

4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home