.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I want to fly away

this is my little corner of that huge technological innovation they call the internet, if you take a moment to pass the time and see, maybe you'll get to know me better, if you know me at all. <><

My Photo
Name:
Location: I'm lost in the, United Kingdom

Never Perfect. But Perfectly Forgiven.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Someone after my own heart...

I didn't write this but man its what i want, now all i need is someone to go with me:


"run away with me.
I think we need to get away. Just you and I, somewhere far away from either of our "here"s. We both have been longing for human conact, a connection that simply can't be brought about through phone lines and computer systems. We need the time away from the things that we do on such a regular basis: the e-mail, the phone calls, the fax this, fax that routine. There should be no applications between us, just air -- clean and crisp -- that floats and sways invisibly around us.

Let's pretend we have no responsibilities and actually postpone them for a few days. Let's hide for a bit from the evils of the world. Let's run away and pretend we're the only ones that matter.

We'll walk and nap and sleep and dream. We can tell stories and talk about the funny foot-patterns left in freshly vacuumed carpet. I'd love to hear stories from your childhood -- you know, the ones about the aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents. I want to hear about your favorite memory. And I'll tell you about mine. It's about sharing.

I'll cook. (And if that doesn't convince you to steal away with me for a while, I don't know what will.) I'll even try something new. You name it. It'll be the best you've ever had.

Neither of us will have to write all weekend, nor answer the telephone. We can unplug it. It will be grand. We might attain perfect silence, at least for a second. I won't bring a laptop if you won't.

Let's go to the woods, where the air is crisp and cool. The city-life has dulled our senses and sped up our routines. We'll get a cabin. I'll take the couch and you can have the bed. It's got a down comforter, I'm sure.

And if the nights are cold, we can light a fire in the fireplace and drink ourselves silly. We can dance and spin and twirl around the room, if you'd like. And then we can pass out with smiles on our faces.

We'll curl up in each other's arms and be happy that we have someone to curl up with. We'll remember what it feels like to be truly alive.

We don't have to be in love to do this. All we need is the desire to connect and the desire to get away.

So, what's stopping us?"

What's stopping me? Nobody seems to understand, plus, nobody will let me get far enough away. I've had enough of "here" i need some space. Anybody want to run away with me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mariasha said...

I want to run away, i think that's my problem, i'm so tired of 'here' and all the things that try to attach themselves to me. I need to get away and just be free for a while, just be me.

If only i had a log cabin to run away too :(

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home